Ah, love is in the air. While you might be thinking it’s time to buy your significant other a box of chocolates or oversized teddy bear, don’t neglect to provide a little customer love as well for your other Valentines in February and beyond.
Just like your romantic partner, your customers like feeling appreciated and admired. Here’s how you can not only radiate love toward them but also get them to keep buying from you over and over again.
1. Simply Say Thank You
Seems overly simplistic, doesn’t it? And yet this tiniest of gestures sometimes gets overlooked when you’re busy. Even if you don’t physically see your customers face-to-face because you run an ecommerce shop, there are plenty of opportunities to say gracias.
- One example would be the email-confirmation page you show to customers after a sale is completed. Get creative and go beyond just saying “thank you for your order.”
- Maybe you have an image with “thank you” in a dozen languages. Or a GIF of a baby saying it. Do something to capture those customers’ attention and make them smile.
- If you sell more high-end products, consider actually calling your customers or at least sending them a handcrafted thank you email. This will make them pleased that you noticed them and more likely to keep buying from you.
2. Send a Valentine (With Coupon)
Ride on the theme of Valentine’s Day and send a themed email wishing your customers a Happy V Day. You could write a sappy and silly poem or find a digital card online that expresses your customer love.
But don’t end it there. Also include a special coupon code to give past customers a sizeable discount on their next purchase in February. What a delightful and unexpected gift! And so much less fattening than chocolates.
3. Give Something to Them
You don’t have to send candy and roses to show your customer love this time of year (or any other time). Consider what free gifts they might value from your product line.
- Maybe you offer a free gift with purchase in the month of February, selecting items that either aren’t selling well or that you want to introduce people to in order to sell more.
- Maybe you offer a free sample of another product.
- You could also create an info product as a freebie, such as an ebook called “10 Ways to Clean More Green” if you sell eco-friendly cleaning products.
The possibilities go on and on. Just keep your customers in mind: what gift would they value, and what would make them more likely to tell others about you and then come back and buy from you repeatedly?
Giving your customers love is something you should be doing every single day of the year, but if that doesn’t happen, now is a great time to get back on track.
Realizing that your customers are the foundation on which you built your business can help you feel appreciative toward them and can ensure that every move you make puts them at the center of your efforts.