Want to reach millennials? Then you’re going to have to learn to speak their language — or at least go where they hang out. And since Snapchat is ridiculously popular among them, it’s the perfect addition to your marketing strategy.
While Snapchat doesn’t provide businesses with analytics and lots of ad options like other social networks do, it can still be a powerful branding tool if you use it properly.
These Snapchat marketing tips will teach you how to reach millennials using one of the most popular apps out there today!
1. Showcase new or upcoming products.
If you’re launching a new product soon, give your audience a sneak peek! Snap a photo or capture a video showing details to build some anticipation.
Using Snapchat marketing to let people see your new products is a great way to get them excited about an upcoming release. Every snap you send or “story” you post will give all of those millennials plenty of time to think about buying your products, creating that “gotta have it” mentality.
2. Release an exclusive coupon code.
Everybody loves a good discount – so why not entice your potential customers to finalize a purchase by releasing a coupon code on Snapchat?
Here’s how you can do it:
- Decide what kind of discount you’d like to provide and pick a coupon code. Try to make it easy to remember. For example, if you’re giving people 20% off of their purchase, you might use the code SNAPCHAT20.
- Set up the discount code on your ecommerce website or online store.
- Use your social networks to announce that you will be sharing discount codes on Snapchat and encourage people to add you. Make sure you provide your Snapchat username!
- Take a picture or video on Snapchat and type the discount code on the screen before you share it as your story.
It’s as simple as that! Plus, it won’t just help you get some immediate sales – it’ll help you stay connected with your audience in the future as they view your Snapchat stories.
Tip: To drive even more interaction on Snapchat, ask your connections to send you a selfie while holding one of your products. Let them know that, as a reward for being a loyal customer, you’ll send them a discount code.
3. Humanize your brand.
You should always think of your brand as a “who” rather than a “what.” By doing so, you’ll build stronger connections with your target audience and encourage more sales.
Luckily, it’s pretty easy to humanize your brand with Snapchat marketing. Here are three ideas to get you started:
- Show off your team – Take some photos around the office or do some quick interviews so your audience can “meet” you and your employees. Don’t be afraid to have some fun and show your personality!
- Broadcast live from an event – People typically enjoy viewing Snapchat photos/videos from exciting events. They’ll feel like they’re right there with you!
- Go behind the scenes – Creating a new product? Having an interesting meeting with your employees? Playing a quick game of ping-pong in your break room? Let your audience take a peek, and they’ll feel more connected to your brand!
Whatever Snapchat marketing tactic you decide to try, remember to keep all the content relevant to your target audience. They’re the ones who will be shopping in your online store at the end of the day!